Friday, October 13, 2006

Window shop live SL building

This is fantastically cool. Well-known Second Life builder Versu Richelieu is spending 72 hours in a shop window in the Big Apple while she builds in SL - all courtesy of Intel of course.
For 72 hours, Versu will eat, sleep, and live a completely digital lifeā€¦all in a store window in New York City! Can she do it? Check out the live webcam and Second Life feeds below to see how she is doing! Or see the experiment in person at the Datavision Store on the corner of 5th Avenue and 39th Street in New York City.
I wish I could see this in NY for real - I am trying to think of who I know there who could go and take a photo or wave at me through the webcam. Any takers?

I am seeing more and more stuff happening which completely makes a mockery of our artificially divisive concepts of "real" and "virtual" life. Or at least, makes it apparent that these divsions have probably always been fairly meaningless.

Going to see if I can join her in SL. What would be great is if there was a Quicktime screen next to her in SL so that you could also watch her webcam live from within-world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home