Thursday, September 28, 2006

CNET launches 'Second Life' presence, News at CNET.co.uk


Must check out Cnet's new pad in Second Life.

Lots of work to do on it yet, they say, but...
For the time being, the space will be used for a series of interviews with virtual-world luminaries, and as a forum for News.com reporters to come and talk about stories they've written.
Sounds interesting. They claim to be the first mainstream media organisations to have a functional and permanent space there. They are still not the first media orgs in there. They are kind of celebrating the fact that mainstream media is pretty slow in catching on to these things. Check out Eric Rice's interview about it.

And that reminds me of this.

Alan Yentob. The man with the longest job title in the world. Director of Drama, Entertainment and CBBC and BBC's Creative Director. "Hello, I am big media. Can you tell me why you strange people who I don't understand like these YouTubes things please? I can't possibly go on there myself in for hours to understand it. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home